DarkMarket is the world’s largest illegal marketplace on the Dark Web. Over 500,000 users regularly visited it, and it was known to have counterfeit money, stolen credit card detail, anonymous sim-cards, and malware trade. The good news is that it was recently taken down in an international operation involving Germany, Australia, Denmark, Ukraine, the UK, the USA, and Moldova. The dangers of the Dark Web is closer than we could imagine. We can mitigate the risks of credential leaks by following these seven tips
1. Regularly Change your passwords.Regardless of increased awareness of cybersecurity risks, lots of users still never change their passwords for years. This is a huge mistake that can lead to fatal outcomes. Remember, the longer and repeated use of a password, the more likely it will be compromised.
2. Use a password manager.The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) recommends using at least eight characters and using a password manager to create a solid one. Also, this solution helps you both generate secure passwords and access them when you need them.
3. Avoid using your work email for personal accounts.Credentials might be compromised anytime. And when you use your work email to sign up for a website, you risk the entire organization. Remember, it impacts your employer directly if you get hacked or phished because of leaked credentials.
4. Don’t use the same password for multiple resources.Hackers take passwords, email addresses, and usernames they discover and try to sign in with them at other online services, which works surprisingly often. Different passwords for everything prevents it.
5. Use a Burner Email.Create a burner account via a free service like Gmail. Make it specific to the service, and don’t give out your real name when filling out the profile.
6. Enable Multi-factor authentication.This security process requires more than one authentication method from independent sources to verify the user’s identity. It often includes a fingerprint, passes a code sent via SMS, or some other way to authenticate your login. This adds an extra level of protection to the user’s account
7. Get a Dark Web Scan.In most cases, a victim is not aware of a credentials leak until a successful data breach occurs. A Dark Web scan allows you to see whether your credentials have been compromised and leaked into the dark web. This gives you time to take action if necessary. A Dark Web scan by Klik Solutions is your defender in the world of cybersecurity risks. Our experts will help you to detect danger and elaborate an effective defense strategy. Klik here for your FREE Dark Web Scan and delegate your security to professionals.